CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 3, 2014

Gratefulness

I am doing a course right now. It talks about being grateful. The issue for me is that some times I am either not grateful or the things I am grateful for are things in the past. Things that I used to have and want again.
This is not a good game to play. It doesn't lead anywhere healthy and only continues to keep me in a place longing for the other!
I find that it is hard to look back on things with a genuine appreciation for what they were without feeling a sense of loss and longing.
I want to change this, I want to experience my past and my memories with fondness and appreciation for the awesomeness that they were not for what I don't have now, not with longing and sadness.

So here I go.
I am grateful for my wife. She lis amazing, she is creative in a way that seems so broad she and most other people have a hard time nailing down anything specific. She can decorate an empty space for a party on a non-existent budget and make it into some of the best party memories I have and do it effortlessly. She plays music and it is some of the most beautiful I have ever heard!
She is also the mother if my three beautiful children and they hold everything that is beautiful about her with in them. I love you Melissa!
I am grateful for the Opportunities I am receiving where I work and the compliments on the job that I am doing.
I am grateful for our house that is in an area we can afford and allows out children to go to a great school.
I am grateful that my children are healthy.
I am grateful that my children are whiling to talk to us and express their emotions.
I am grateful for having five wonderful years in Altona and the friends I made there.
And I am grateful for what the future holds in the unknown!

Good luck to day as you search for something to be grateful for.













0 comments: